Award NominationI’ve been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award! There is something lovely about being nominated for an award. For some people, it is a defining moment in their career, think about the Academy Awards. Of course, it makes all the difference if you go on and win the award in that case. However, it is always listed how many times a person has been nominated. Not all awards have a winner however and this is one of those awards. This award is simply about one blogger recognising another and valuing the work they do. At this point, I would like to thank Em from fibromystory.com for nominating me. Em is quite new to the Fibro Bloggers Community, she is a member of the Fibro Bloggers Directory like me and can also be found on My Fibro Team. If you are a blogger why not stop by and give her your support and if you are interested in learning more about Fibromyalgia she provides a great perspective on maintaining an effective exercise regime, I think it is fair to say that I am not very likely to be blogging about that anytime soon!
What does a nomination to the Sunshine Blogger Award Involve:As part of The Sunshine Blogger rules once nominated, the blogger is asked to:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo.
1. What do you enjoy most about blogging
I love the structure it gives me when my health is being so erratic. I feel able to use some of my skills which gives me a purpose and I love building relationships with other bloggers and my readers.
2. If you could travel back to observe a moment in history, where would you go and why?
Wow, that is a huge question! There are so many possibilities: The birth of Christ, The moment that women won the vote. But the impact of any moment is only relative because of everything else around and before it. Maybe as a blogger, I would choose to go back and see when Tim Berners-Lee first demonstrated the World Wide Web!
3. Which song means the most to you?
Not fair another tricky one. there are many options but I will go for “One Hand, One Heart” which was our first dance at the wedding.
4. If you could possess a superhero power, what would it be?
To be able to remove myself from my “docking body” and travel freely in cyberspace with no physical complications!
5. What is your favourite smell?
Well, it’s a toss-up between baking bread, vanilla and chocolate. Can I have a favourite three?
6. If you weren’t a blogger, what would you be doing instead?
The question isn’t so much if I wasn’t a blogger but if I didn’t have Fibro because I could do both. I would either still been helping people into employment or maybe trying to get back into teaching.
7. If you held all of the worlds wealth, how would you spend it?
I would love to give a virtuous answer and say I would divide it equally among all the people but I don’t think I could be that selfless which is why I wouldn’t want that responsibility. I could come up with some better answers to what if I won the lottery though I’m sure.
8. What would be the ‘perfect’ occasion for you?
Michael and I to be healthy and able to pick up our lives again at the point Fibromyalgia hijacked them.
9. If you were a food, what would you be and why?
I would be chocolate so I could bring happiness to so many people, and be a guilty secret for others lol
10. What would you banish from the world and why?
It would be so easy to say pain, but without pain, we would lose our sense of danger. I think I will choose selfishness, because, if all selfishness was gone from the world I can only see a positive impact.
11. What are your best hopes for yourself?
I hope to continue having as many good days as possible and to become financially stable in my own right again through my online endeavours so I am not dependent upon Michael.
- Abbie from Just a Girl and her Blog, she was the first person who made me think I could do a blog that was more than just an online personal diary!
- Lee from the Fibro Files for running such a supportive community for Fibromyalgia bloggers.
- John Bloodworth the Gentleman Crafter for selflessly giving up a year of his life promoting mental health awareness whilst imparting crafty knowledge.
- Marisa Lerin from Pixel Scrapper, her fantastic scrapbooking community has encouraged me to start taking photos again and she is so generous sharing other people’s creativity.
- Katie from Katie Cupcake life with me, she is a creative like me and I love her passion for makeup, she helped inspire me to get out my war paint again (or to be more exact buy some new stuff!)
- Hannah from My Fibro a New Beginning, she has been in my exact position at a similar time and has had to give up her career. I understand the sacrifice, the guilt and the ultimate self-belief needed.
- Michelle at Living Extra-Ordinary, she very much keeps things real.
- Chloe at Chronical Chloe, Chloe is a fairly new blogger but I am really loving what I read so far and look forward to more from her.
- Beverley at Blooming Mindfulness, her blog is such a warm and friendly place, I have had some fantastic advice on her site.
- Lisa at Wishcraft, another Yorkshire based blogger, Lisa is a card maker too and I just love her cute creations.
- Shelley at Chronic Mom, she has a great combination of sound advice, humour and sarcasm, go and have a read.
Questions for my Nominees
- What are you most proud of?
- Who has been your biggest inspiration in life?
- Which is your favourite season and why?
- What advice would you give a new blogger?
- What is your first memory?
- If you could have dinner with any three people, present day, historical or fictional who would you choose?
- What is your biggest regret in life?
- What is your favourite film/movie?
- Glass half empty or glass half full?
- If you could spend a day in someone else’s life who? and why?
- What makes you laugh?